Wednesday 30 January 2013

Chain Reactions

It's funny how one thing can so easily trigger another, sometimes without us even noticing it, until, like a train of dominos, we reach the end result. One of the most powerful things I've found I can do to get results is to figure out what my 'trigger' is, or what tips over the first domino. 

It's funny, because I'm not a morning person at all. Because I have a 50-minute ride to school every day, I'm usually up at 6:30, but not because that's when I'm actually fully functioning. During the weekends and holidays, I could sleep in till 11:00 every day even if I go to bed at 10. It's slightly ridiculous. But I've also realized that if I do sleep in till 11 I hardly get anything done and it takes me forever to get the day started. It makes me feel lazy and unproductive before I even do anything.

This morning, I woke up at 8:00, read for a half hour, and then got out of bed. And just getting up at a decent hour inspired me to eat a good breakfast, which inspired me to practice violin for an hour right aways, which inspired me to eat an apple instead of chocolate as a snack, which inspired me to blog. 

I love feeling productive, organized, and ontop of things. I hate feeling like I'm wasting time. But I've learned that if I make sure to make good decisions first of all, I can actually do something to change that. And I've also learned that I can't work, work, work without breaks, as much as I'd like to. And there's nothing wrong with rewarding myself with a half hour of time, doing, well, nothing. 

I feel ready for a good day. I think I'm going to have one.

xoxoxoxo
Angel


No comments: