Thursday 29 November 2012

A Little Like A Fairytale



When I started this blog, I said it wasn't fiction because it wasn't nearly as perfect. 

And don't get me wrong, this is still completely true.

But just now, it feels pretty darn good.


Because if this were a fairytale ... then I just got Prince Charming :)


Well, not really. I mean it is only a dance and a banquet right? But STILL!


Yes, what I'm trying to get at is that funny, cute, intelligent guy -- you know the one -- yes that one -- HE ASKED ME TO THE BANQUET!


And since this is absolutely true, I will just say that my knees did go a little weak and I was a little high for about 10 minutes.


After 10 minutes is when I ran into two ditzy girls in my grade ten class. Let's call them G & T. They were all over me being like: So did (let's call him Prince Charming or PC) ask you to the banquet??


And since I was all high on life and floating on a cloud of wonderfulness, I told them yes. 


I asked G who she was going with, that's N.


That's when T says: You know PC was going to ask you if you hadn't asked N. And it's too bad, cause wouldn't you have rather gone with him?


G shrugs it off and I walk away, drenched in the weight of a cloud that suddenly become too heavy to bear.


After school my close friend C. was talking about tables, because you make tables for the banquet. And after being tired of endless discussions, I left. I came back twenty minutes later only to find that because of 'lack of room', I couldn't sit at their table.


And to be honest, I think that hit me harder.


Because C. and I have been friends for almost my entire life. We've shared bad times and good. I thought we were very close. But I was left out because her date and his friend should 'be together'. 


"I'm sorry dear but you can't sit at our table,"


I guess it hurt me more than I cared to admit. 


Plus I don't really want to sit anywhere else. I mean, I'm not popular, I don't know people. It would be awkward. Really awkward.


But instead of crying in the bathroom, which is what I felt like doing, I kept my head high, told C. on the way home that I really wanted to sit at their table but left it at that, and brushed T.'s comment aside.


I mean, yeah, it bugs me that I might have been PC's second choice. Who wants that? But at the same time, do I trust G&T enough to believe them completely? Not exactly. 


But in the end, I got asked by a guy who I really wanted to go with. 


So, I guess you could call it the beginning of a happily ever after? Maybe?


No comments: